April 10th, 2014
AUBERGINE POMEGRANATE SALAD
Healthy Food low fat salad recipe made with aubergine and pomegranate. Some healthy salads or low fat salad, are so bland, but let me tell you this aubergine salad or pomegranate salad with aubergine is nothing like you had in the past. Hope you give it a try.
1) In a large sheet of foil, place the aubergine (make with a knife make several cuts into the aubergine). Cover completely with the foil and place in the preheated oven at 400 degrees for 40 to 60 minutes or until the aubergine is soft.
2) After the aubergine is roasted, allow it to cool down, then peel off the skin.
3) Season with salt and cayenne pepper or paprika, garlic, green onions, green bell pepper, parsley (Coarsely Chopped) Tomato, lemon juice, and olive oil. Mix together well.
4) Place the aubergine salad into your serving bowl and garnish with the finely chopped parsley, the pomegranate and extra virgin olive oil.
5) Chill in the fridge and serve! Enjoy!
1 Large aubergine –
3 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
3 Tablespoon Parsley – Coarsley Chopped to Mix into the salad
3 Tablespoon Parsley – Finely Chopped For Garnish
1 Medium Green Bell Pepper – Chopped
3 to 4 Green Onion – Chopped Thinly
1 Large Tomato – Chopped
1 Pomegranate – Seeds Only
3 to 4 Cloves of Garlic – Crushed
1 Teaspoon Paprika or Cayenne Pepper
3 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt – To Taste
PUMPKIN AND AMARETTI RAVIOLI
The Amaretti used in this Pumpkin and Amaretti Ravioli – Pasta Recipe are Italian crunchy almond biscuits. giving this dish a divine unique taste although unusual the pumpkin and almond marry together exceedingly well.
To make this Pumpkin and Amaretti Ravioli – Pasta Recipe you will need the following ingredients:
170g / 6 oz strong flour or plain flour
2 whole eggs or 4 egg yolks – large
¼ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon olive oil
Extra flour to roll
Pumpkin and Amaretti filling –
200g/ 8 oz peeled pumpkin diced
3-4 amaretti biscuits – crumbled by hand
1 egg yolk
30g/ 1 oz soft white bread crumbs
Egg wash mix – 1 egg yolk, touch milk, touch salt
To make this Pumpkin and Amaretti Ravioli – Pasta Recipe:
Sieve flour onto a clean surface, make a well in the centre
Add all other ingredients
Using your hands incorporate to a smooth dough ball
Kneed for about 3-4 minutes
Cover with cling film
Rest in a fridge for 20 minutes
Pass through the pasta machine or roll out by hand/rolling pin several times to
loose the elasticity
Roll out on to a floured table approx. 1-2 mm thick
Meanwhile steam the pumpkin till tender
Mash and add the rest of the ingredients
Season to taste
Cut the pasta in to required circle or square sizes place a 1/2 -1 teaspoon of
pumpkin in the middle
Brush the edges with egg wash
Place a matching circle or square on top
Push down the sides, squeezing out any air and sealing the edges
Leave aside till needed
Boil in plenty of salted water for 5-6 minutes
Serve with a cream sauce or a drizzle of virgin olive oil and a touch of fresh red chilli